Welcome to Modern Pilates
We specialise in turning your passion for Pilates into an exciting new career opportunity. Whether your interest is just a hobby, or you are a fitness or health professional, we will nurture, support and teach you the skills you need to become a successful Clinical Contemporary Matwork Pilates Teacher. We are a Leeds based company with over 25 experiences and have been awarded the ‘Exceptional Achievement Award For Outstanding Contribution To The Health And Fitness Industry’.
The company was originally started by Award Winning founder and Director of Training, Christine North-Minchella, who also achieved Centre of Excellence status. Christine has been actively involved in the industry for over 48 years and has been instrumental in pioneering the development of health, fitness and Pilates training courses in the UK and abroad.
Our unique contemporary clinical approach to Pilates training was created in consultation with physiotherapist and author Christopher Norris MSc MCSP. Our method of Pilates looks at functional stability, postural alignment, core stability and modifications of the original works of Joseph Pilates. This combination of all approaches brings you the respected Modern ‘clinical’ Pilates training programme.
Why Choose Modern Pilates Training?
Modern Pilates is a respected and reputable training organisation and is trusted within the industry. Our contemporary, clinical courses will give you a sound and solid foundation to be a successful Modern Pilates teacher.
- Bringing Joseph Pilates’ Classical approach into the 21st century by combining his principles with recent research
- Our clinical approach has been devised and is taught by physiotherapists
- Our tutors are Pilates practitioners who run their own successful businesses
- Small groups of students enabling more individual and personal tuition
- Less on-line learning and more face to face tuition
- Support and guidance before, during and after training
- Friendly and supportive approach throughout
- Friendly admin staff to help and support you with your booking and beyond
- CPD courses to help you to further advance your career
- We were instrumental in the development of Pilates training courses in the UK
- We were the first organisation in the UK to gain YMCA Qualifications approval
What is the difference between Classical and Contemporary Pilates?
- Classical Pilates follows as closely as possible to Joseph Pilates’ original work, his exercises and the order in which they were performed
- Contemporary Pilates is based partly on Joseph Pilates’ work but with modifications to the exercises so that they fit with modern research
- Modern Pilates is unique as it offers contemporary Pilates with a clinical approach as our exercises have been designed in conjunction with physiotherapists and recent research. Many of the exercises remain the same but allowances are made for injury rehabilitation and creativity by the teacher.
All our administration team and tutors will enthusiastically manage and support the whole training process from initial enquiry through to successful completion. Our enthusiasm is second to none and will inspire you to reach your full potential through our training programmes.
We run a Pilates based training courses and workshops:
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- Progressive Matwork 1
- Progressive Matwork 2
- Pilates Bands & Balls
- Diagnostic Series:
- Shoulder Conditions
- Hip & Knee Conditions
- Spinal Conditions
To find out more about the courses and workshops that we run please download the Modern Pilates Prospectus.