What will I lean?
Our YMCA Awards Diploma in Teaching Pilates aims to give students a strong foundation to build or develop a new career. Our course adopts a clinical approach and comprehensively covers functional anatomy alongside the practical motivational teaching and programming skills needed to become a successful Modern Pilates instructor. This course comes highly recommended by our past students due to our modern contemporary approach, the depth of knowledge, the standard of teaching and the exceptional skills they have gained over the 10 day course.
What qualification will I gain?
YMCA AWARDS LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN TEACHING PILATES
How long is the course?
The course is 10 days set over 5 weekends. Plus there is 1 day extra for assessments.
Who will teach me?
This course is taught by both experienced Physiotherapists and Modern Pilates Teachers.
What are the entry requirements?
The course can be accessed by candidates who have either a level 2 qualification or who have experience from attending Pilates classes.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed practically and theoretically via theory papers, worksheets and taught sessions.
This course is delivered via our unique blended learning programme which enables you to study some of the anatomy at home prior to attending the course which enables you to learn at your own pace. 3 months before the course starts we will send you your home study manual and guidance notes. It is important that you allow yourself plenty of time to study the anatomy manual before you attend the course. The course focuses on the practical aspects of teaching a Modern Pilates Matwork class. You will be taught by Physiotherapists and Pilates Practitioners via a combination of lectures, workshops and home study. You will always have the support of your tutors who will be in attendance for 100% of the course and be available to give you feedback and support. page 1 (10 day course) Once qualified you will receive a YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates certificate. You will then be on the road to success and can work with a wide range of clients of any age and fitness level. Begin your journey on a new and rewarding career.
The course covers essential and advanced anatomy along with knowledge of functional movement and Pilates exercises including:
- Modern Pilates exercises and methodology
- Joseph Pilates exercises
- Postural Assessment
- Muscle imbalance
- Spinal and core stability
- Pelvic Floor
- Shoulder and pelvic stability
- Class structure
- Essential teaching and communication skills
- Modifications and adaptations for common conditions
- Science of teaching effective skilled movement to clients
- Programme planning (groups and one-to-one)
- Case Studies
- There are no educational prerequisites for the course
- Currently attending a Modern Pilates class or similar. This will ensure you are familiar with class format and style prior to attending.
- Apply for the Blended Learning pack prior to the course.
- Students who hold a current Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise & Health (Active IQ) will be given recognition for prior achievement. We must have a copy of your Certificate for our Awarding Body
- Committed to attending 100% of the course
- Undertake YMCA Awards Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health theory paper (on the course) or provide evidence of current NVQ Level 3 theory
- Undertake YMCA Awards level 2 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health theory paper (on the course) or provide evidence of current certification • Undertake YMCA Awards Worksheets (4)
- Undertake a Case Study and Progressive Programme on a client of your choice
- Plan, Teach and Evaluate a Modern Pilates session
- Bring a ‘client’ for the practical assessment
Full course dates:
14th/15th September 2019
21st/22nd September 2019
19th/20th October 2019
9th/10th November 2019
7th/8th December 2019
Assessment: 19th January 2020 or 26th January 2020
Case Study submitted: TBC