Shoulder injuries are common especially among those that participate in sporting activities or recreational activities like gold, tennis & squash. These activities can sometimes lead to shoulder injuries. Rather than shy away from clients with shoulder issues, develop your confidence and knowledge in dealing with shoulder injuries. You will look at advanced anatomy of the shoulder. You will learn exercise prescription for shoulder stability and how to decrease the risk of further injury within a Pilates setting.
This theoretical and practical workshop aimed at experienced teachers who hold level 3 Matwork Pilates or equivalent.
The workshop is delivered via theory, practical & workshops. It will explore and discuss correct exercise prescription for the following conditions:
- Advanced anatomy of the shoulder
- Shoulder conditions including: Rotator cuff injury, impingement syndrome, bursitis, frozen shoulder, shoulder dislocation and shoulder surgery.
- Corrective exercise prescription
- Advanced teaching skills
Students must meet the prerequisites prior to applying:
- Hold YMCA Awards Level 3 or
- Currently teaching Pilates classes
on a regular basis
- No formal assessment
- Practical workshops enable students to be given feedback throughout the course