How many ‘mums’ attend your class and ask how to get a flat tummy after a baby? How many ‘mums’ confide in you that they have pelvic floor issues after having a baby? How many men and women who have lost weight or had abdominal surgery have abdominal and pelvic floor issues? They all probably have a diastasis-recti which is also related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
This exciting and informative workshop is run by our women’s health Physiotherapists and it will look at the in-depth anatomy of the abdominal wall, pelvic floor, and hip as well as the associated myofascial connections. It will give you the opportunity to have a greater understanding of disorders and conditions and how to develop a programme of exercises to improve function. The course will be delivered through theory and practical and workshops including:
- How to recognise function and dysfunction of the abdominal wall
- How to identify clients who have a diastasis
- How to recognise pelvic floor dysfunction post-fatally
- The effects and stresses of poor posture
- The different treatment options to improve function
- How to select appropriate and correct Pilates exercises
- Understanding which Pilates exercises may be contraindicated
This workshop will take your knowledge to another level and give Pilates teachers a greater understanding of how to help clients and address these weaknesses within a class or one to one situation. An enlightening course!