This exciting one-day workshop is designed to give you knowledge and class ideas using a stability ball as well as new hands-on skills to work with newly pregnant and post-natal clients in your Pilates classes.
The workshop covers the theory behind the biomechanical and physiological changes of pregnancy through the 3 trimesters, birth and immediate post-natal period, but mainly focuses on the practical exercises so you can be confident with your hands-on teaching methods.
Discover how to adapt your current Pilates knowledge to accommodate and integrate newly pregnant mums in your classes. Learn how to ensure the pelvic floor, abdominals and back are cared for by teaching appropriate movements for strength and balance throughout pregnancy. You will also learn how to plan an appropriate programme of Pilates exercises for the post-natal mums returning to your classes. This workshop will open your eyes, expand your knowledge and give you confidence to be a brilliant teacher, as well as opening up an exciting new possible revenue stream to your business. This workshop is ideal for Matwork teachers and one to one clinical practitioners.
· RCOG Guidelines
· Theory of pregnancy including hormones and their effect on the mother
· The effects of pregnancy on the abdominals and pelvic floor
· Practical application of Pilates exercises through the 3 trimesters
· Stability ball exercises
· Appropriate Matwork exercise choice in standing, seated and floor based
· Progressions and regressions on exercises
· Practical application of exercises in the post-partum period
· Practical workshops
Once you have completed the workshop you can consider progressing to gaining the YMCA Awards level 3. This qualification will enable you to teach a specific pregnancy or post natal classes. To learn more about this course click here.Price: £130