2 Day Course
People are living longer and becoming more active in retirement so why not optimise your career in this fast expanding market and develop your business in this specialist area.
This course covers the essential knowledge required to teach older adults. It covers the ageing process including the physiology and anatomical changes that take place as well as conditions that occur due to the ageing process.
It also addresses instability and falls prevention and exercises that help develop strength, confidence and independence.
This course is appropriate for Matwork Pilates Teachers, Pilates Personal Trainers and Studio teachers.
The course is delivered through theory, practical sessions and workshops. We will introduce an appropriate exercise prescription for the stages of ageing including:
- Ageing conditions including osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Hip & knee replacements
- Exercises and adaptations appropriate for the ageing population
- Advanced teaching skills
- ACSM guidelines
- Functional and postural stability
- Case study approach
Students must meet the prerequisites prior to applying:
- Hold Level 2/3 qualification
- Currently teaching on a regular
- Undertake a Case Study on a client of your choice
- Undertake the YMCA Awards Level 3 Theory paper
- Complete open book worksheets set by YMCA Awards
- Upon successful completion you will be awarded the YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Independently Active, Older