Now you have the opportunity to gain a qualification and feel confident with the advice and guidance you offer your class and clients.
This specialist course focuses in the bio-medical and physiological changes that occur during the pre and post natal periods. It will help you to develop and teach clients within a one to one setting, in a class or set up specific pregnancy sessions. You can also expand your classes into a community based setting.
This course is very theory based however, adaptations for pregnancy will be explored for Pilates teachers & studio instructors. It adopts a case study approach with enables you to apply all the principles you learn on the course to individual clients/groups.
The course will enable you to teach safely and ensure safety to mother and baby whilst delivering an effective and enjoyable exercise session.
The course is delivered through theory, practical sessions and workshops. We will introduce an appropriate exercise prescription for pregnancy and the post-partum
The course is delivered through theory, practical sessions and workshops. We will introduce an appropriate exercise prescription for pregnancy and the post-partum period including:
- Theory of pregnancy including hormones and their effect on the mother.
- Practical application of exercises through the 3 trimesters
- Practical application of exercises in the post-partum period
- Pelvic floor anatomy
- Abdominal & back care in pregnancy
- Class structure
- Case study approach
- Advanced teaching skills
Students must meet the prerequisites prior to applying:
- Hold Level 2/3 qualification
- Currently teaching on a regular
- Undertake a Case Study
- Undertake the YMCA Awards Level 3 Theory paper
- Complete open book worksheets set by YMCA
- Upon successful completion you will be awarded the YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients.