Welcome to Aquafusion
Aquafusion offers high quality educational training courses in West Yorkshire leading to valuable and nationally recognised qualifications. We give you the knowledge, ability and motivation to enable you to deliver safe, effective community-based exercise sessions during and after pregnancy.
Aquafusion was developed in the early 1980s by Christine. When she found out she was pregnant with twins she was unable to find exercises and pregnancy classes. She approached physiotherapists and midwives and together they developed a programme of Aquanatal courses. This successful programme is now recognised in the UK and Europe and is endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives.
These community led programmes enable midwives and fitness professionals to outreach to members of the community to help and encourage them to adopt a healthier lifestyle during and after pregnancy.
Why Choose Aquafusion?
Our tutors are specialists in their field and are all highly qualified and proactive within the health and well-being profession. Our courses offer midwives the opportunity to teach exercise within the community for the NHS or to enable them to develop their own Aquanatal business to support mothers during and after pregnancy. Our students travel from far and wide to Leeds to attend our courses coming from as far away as Scotland, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and London. As well as midwives travelling from Malta, Gibraltar and the Outer Hebrides. Many of our midwives continue their careers within the NHS alongside teaching Aquanatal and some go on to set up exciting new businesses for expectant and post-natal mothers.
- Endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives
- Taught by qualified health professionals and midwives
- Tutors and midwives are proactive in the NHS and fitness community
- Unique aqua courses specifically for the pre and post-natal period
- CPD modules in Back and Abdominal Care
- Ability to offer in-house training within your NHS Trust
- Friendly and supportive approach throughout
- Friendly admin staff to help and support you with your booking and beyond
All our administration team and tutors will enthusiastically manage and support the whole training process from initial enquiry through to successful completion. Our enthusiasm is second to none and will inspire you to reach your full potential through our training programmes.
We run the following courses and workshops:
- Aqua-Natal – Introduction To Teaching
- Aqua-Natal – Advanced Teaching Skills
- Back & Abdominal Care in Pregnancy & Beyond
To find out more about the courses and workshops that we run please download the Aquafusion Prospectus.